Gifts of donated material, such as books and audio-visual items, may be accepted into the Defiance Public Library System’s collections after review by DPLS staff according to established guidelines. Items received but not used by DPLS will be donated to the each location’s Friends of the Library organizations, recycled, given away, or discarded.
Defiance Public Library System is most interested in receiving donations of new or gently used items in excellent condition. Groups or collections of items cannot necessarily be kept together and will be handled like all other donations.
- New and clean “Lightly” used books
- Audiovisual items (CD’s, DVD’s, Videos, Video Games)
- Magazines that are less than two years old
We DO NOT accept:
- Yellowed, Torn, Mildewed or damaged books and magazines
- Professional Society Journals
- Sets of encyclopedias