Submit book reviews to be entered into weekly drawings for prizes.
How it works:
Have fun by sharing books you enjoyed as a child or visit your local library to find new books to explore together. Increase your child’s chance of academic success in later years by reading to him or her every day; use the 5 practices of Early Literacy found here to extend and enhance each story read. Books introduce new vocabulary, problem solving skills, social and emotional concepts, and much more.
1) Click here. This will take you to our Beanstack site to set up your profile.
2) You have 2 choices when creating your profile. You can choose to register as a family/group (You will all work toward one goal); this link is on the right side of the Beanstack page.
You can choose to register each child individually. To do this, you will click on the link under the header for the age of your child/ren.
3) You will need to put your information in first, then it will ask for your child/ren's information next.
4) Once your family or all your children have a profile, you can select the "Pre-Register for Summer Breakout".
5) After you click this, you can choose a learning track to complete via Beanstack OR you can stop in the library and pick up a paper game board. We are using the learning tracks and paper game boards in lieu of our usual reading records. After you register at home, stop in the library for a calendar of events, a free book (per registrant), a few coupons, and a form for a free Tin Caps ticket (per registrant).
6) When you complete a learning track or game board, stop in the library to receive a surprise activity pack. Your family/child/ren may complete up to 3 game boards/learning tracks during the 6 week program. At the end of the program, as long as your child/family has earned the Summer BreakOUT badge on Beanstack, &/or completed 1 game board, you will be invited to our end of summer party (TBD) and receive a form for a free Mad Ants ticket (per finisher), and a few other goodies!
1st Thursday of the Month at 6:30 PM, Defiance Public Library
Bring your cards and your friends! Love Pokémon? Then this club is for you. You can show off your collection, trade or even “battle” with other Pokémon traders.
This event is student led.