Looking for special resources for your class, group, or agency? Let us help!
Defiance Public Library System offers:
Classroom/Teacher Library Card:
Defiance Public Library System offers Classroom Cards to all Defiance County teachers. With this card you can check out classroom curriculum related materials. Click here for more information about the Classroom Card. Please visit the main desk at your DPLS library to apply.
- Library Tours- Whether you are interested in art, education, or the modern library, our tours offer a fresh perspective and interesting details about each of our locations.
- Historical Tours- DPLS libraries have some incredible stories to tell. Learn about their history with a historic tour.
- Youth Services Tours- From preschooolers to teens, our Youth departments have special collections and services that will interest every age.
Classes & Workshops:
- Educator Resource Workshop- Learn about the special services and collections available to teachers, parents, home-school teachers, and education students.
- Library Resources Workshop- Have a special interest group? The library will be happy to customize a class or workshop, to a specific subject or collection, to help you get the most out of your library.
- Storytime Classes- Infants, toddlers, preschoolers, school-agers... all ages enjoy storytime! A fun interactive themed storytime is a great experience for your class or group.
- Home Delivery- For patrons who cannot physically vist our libraries, we offer free home delivery services including personally selected materials, checkout, delivery, and pick up.
- Ellison Die Machine- Our Ellison Die Cut machine is available for public use. Simply bring your own paper or material to use any of our nearly 200 die cuts.
- Teacher Request Form- If you have a special class project or report coming up, we will be happy to provide plenty of materials in our libraries for your students to use. Fill out our Teacher Request Form, and we will order the appropriate materials to have on hand.
- Personal Reference-personalized assistance still exists at the library. Contact your location or stop in for recommendations and help finding specific materials for your class or group.
How to Schedule a Service:
- Gather a group of 5 or more participants
- Call your local library at least 3 weeks in advance of your preferred date with attendance and subject details
- For groups of 10 or more, the classes and workshops listed can travel to your location
- Tours and Workshops can be combined upon request
*Resources vary by location. For a full list of services at your location contact us.
- Online Resources- DPLS offers quality online databases for students, teens, and adults. Read and research trusted information online anytime.
- Adult -
- Local History
- Large Print
- Parent/Teacher Resources
- Digital Books, Music, and Movies
- Board Books
- Concept Books (ABC's & 123's)
- Easy Readers
- Science Fair